Mickey's Mind

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I heart books!

After a week of waiting I finally have my hands on the book, Anonymous Lawyer by Jeremy Blachman. The man is funny, first of all. I will admit I was skeptical of a book written in blog and e-mail form. The Wall Street Journal did a little blurb about him this summer. I checked out the link to his Anonymous Lawyer website. I couldn't believe how well written and funny it was. I bought the book today and am on page 101. I will be done with this book before the week is up.

I'm a big bookworm. I can spend hours at Half Price or Barnes & Noble. I was very shy as a kid and books were an escape. Once I get a good book, I can spend the entire day on the couch, completely oblivious to what is going on around me. Mystery and humor are my favorites. I like some non-fiction, mostly books on sociology and relationships. I have even been known to read a trashy romance novel or two. Trashy romance novels are junk food for the mind. Do you honestly think everybody reads the 9/11 commission Report? I don't think people should be ashamed to admit that sometimes reading a little novel about quivering loins is good for you.

I worked at a bookstore over Christmas last year and every other customer came in and asked for Memoirs Of A Geisha or The Da Vinci Code. Granted, Memoirs Of A Geisha was a great book. The Da Vinci Code was not. I tried to give Dan Brown a chance but after the first chapter I was bored stupid. I'm sure others may disagree with me, but somewhere someone is trying to sell that book at a garage sale. I think that The Da Vinci code was so hyped, I had higher expectations for it. As I said before I love mystery books, I figured Dan Brown would keep me on the edge of my seat. I fell asleep in it instead.

Anonymous Lawyer was hyped quite a bit on Amazon and it lived up to it. I'm glad since I spent almost 28 bucks for the hardback version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home